You know how sometimes you check your e-mail really quickly or at an odd hour? And you see an e-mail that makes you think “Uh oh, they responded” and get a sinking feeling? And you know you shouldn’t open the dreaded thing because you don’t have the time to deal with it properly? And it’ll ruin your night??? BUT YOU STILL OPEN THE DAMN THING???
I did that tonight at 12:30 while waiting for Dear Heartburn to go away. And now it’s 1:38 and I have a new reason for not sleeping.
>These are thoughts I’ve had since coming down with a bad cold Thursday:
- Should I really be staying home if I’m not puking and dying? Yes, I know I have 48 sick days saved up, BUT STILL. What about the chillens? They need me!! I assuaged my guilt be the reminder that I would have wilted under The Power of The Fourth Grader in my delicate condition. Plus they would have been drenched in my germs.
- Yesterday I sneezed at least 60 times. I counted sneezing bouts and multiplied by 4 since I tend to sneeze in 4’s. And these aren’t my normal tiny sneezes, these things are BIG. For me.
- I’ve spread germs on probably every surface in the house. Lovely. Of course I worked VERY hard on this, PURPOSEFULLY.
- Yesterday I rebounded in the middle of the day and did laundry, hung out laundry, organized guest room closet, organized my closet, went through clothes, did dishes, and cleaned the house. This is when I did the most damage spreading germs.
- The Internet doesn’t have anything new. Books make me sleepy since I’m not sleeping well BECAUSE I CANNOT BREATHE. I’ve read 3 magazines. Watched 7 episodes of Gilmore Girls. Ate a lot.
- I like being wide awake at 2:30 AM or 5:30 AM because it gives me time to do things. Such as looking at EVERYTHING on the Internet. While sitting on my butt.
- I don’t like not sleeping. But even more, I HATE the repetitive, inescapable, sicky dreams I have. OH MY do I hate dreams when I am sick. It’s like I’m hallucinating and all I want to do is LEAVE THE DREAM, NOW. But often I can’t. So I suffer through them.
- I’m using cloth napkins to soak the snot oozing out of every pore of my being. I’m not wasting tissues but and spreading germs, once again, by carrying around a snot encrusted red napkin.
- I complain a lot.
- I’m snarky.
Seriously, you’d think I’m dying from this post. No, just bored. I was with myself all day yesterday.
Since I’m up so early, you think it would be okay to go spread my germs at garage sales?
BTW, next week this time, I’LL BE IN NEW HARMONY. Or waking up to get ready to go there.
INDIANA!!!! So here I am, back at home. Well, not exactly…. I’m at one of my summer jobs (photography assistant and tutorer (is that right? tutorer? watch out, grammar mistakes ahead!)).
I’ve got nothing new to say about life except that my husband is gone, in California for work until Friday night. I’m all alone in this world! Oh Rhett, whatever shall I do?!?!?!
I shall be photography assisting today and tomorrow, tutoring Wednesday, whatever Thursday, then tutoring Friday. Each night w/o J I will lounge about, watching raunchy, horrific amounts of TV, slurping spaghetti off my plate, eating salad with my fingers, and basically doing everything I don’t do because people are around. J keeps me sane.
Here’s a secret and it’s really weird (to me) and slightly inappropriate (to you?). Stop reading if you’d like to NOT know the extra information I shall divulge today. I’m not wearing underware today! Wow, first time for everything! My gyno always tells me it is better not to wear underware so I’m trying it out. For size. Well, more like this: “OMG, I’m changing and all the laundry is sitting folded on the couch in the living room! I’m out of underware (due to vacation) (yes, I think in parentheses)(and sometimes don’t capitalize correctly in them)! I’ll grab some underware when I’m changed. Hmmm, I’m very busy getting ready to leave but I think I’m missing something. What is it? What is that ‘off’ feeling? OH. YEAH. Hmmm, maybe I’ll give this a try, after all, I’m wearing a long skirt so it should be fine.”
I’ve ever felt more free under my LONG skirt and it makes going to the bathroom 50% easier!!!
Weird. I KNOW. But this is a one time thing for me so don’t freak out….