Last night we watched White Christmas, just like we do every year. And every year I am fascinated by the same things:
- Judy’s horrifically thin legs. And shocking waistline. Did you know she was anorexic? I do now. Can you say Valley of the Dolls?
- Sisters, sisters. When I was a kid, I loved this song:)
- Snow, snow, snow, snow. J and I will sing this occasionally because what else can you sing when you want snow? Only 4 easy notes!!!
- I now realize that Betty (Rosemary Clooney) was there to sing and Judy (Vera-Ellen) was there to dance.
- Bing Crosby says “sexy” to Rosemary Clooney to describe the women sandwiches make him dream about. I didn’t know they were allowed to say that word in movies in the fifties.
- Rosemary Clooney was George Clooney’s aunt! This morning I told my mom to go to George Clooney’s mansion when she goes to Lake Garda in Italy! I don’t think she’ll take my advice though. Dang moms…..they never listen.
So, I think that’s it. Colts are ahead by 10, 1:05 left in the 4th. I’m not terribly nervous.
We’ve had a lovely, lazy, relaxing day!