After a few months of delays and cancelations, we finally made it to Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. The place was giant, the kids liked it, and all the adults also enjoyed it. E got tired early afternoon and quickly fell asleep in the stroller when I laid the seat back. He was out for an hour or two. 2015/01/img_4327.jpg

We arrived at the museum around 11 and left around 4, drove to our hotel in Cincinnati (Blue Ash Embassy Suites), and settled in for a picnic dinner, then swimming. The pool was jammed with kids so E of course hated it while C and J could care less. I took E back upstairs for reading in bed and talking on an (unplugged) phone. Hotel phones are amazing things to 2 year olds.

Also, since E doesn’t want to wear diapers anymore but also fears public toilets (who doesn’t) he peed in sealable baggies all weekend and very sadly pooped in his diapers. Fun stuff.

Sunday morning C was up bright and early around 6:30 so he and I explored the hotel. And he got Fruit Loops, he was so freaking excited about that. Then there was breakfast and swimming.2015/01/img_4335.jpg

It’s quite odd to look at the clock and realize you are swimming with your family at 7:30 in the morning…. E eventually liked the pool more. 2015/01/img_4345.jpg

C never wanted to leave the place. 2015/01/img_4349.jpg

The hot tub was nice and after a while E moved to the big pool with C and J. 2015/01/img_4350.jpg

They played our family speciality: Propeller. I went in the cold pool after this. Sigh. It wasn’t really THAT cold but it wasn’t the delightful hot tub. 2015/01/img_4363.jpg

Then it was bath time. White tub!!! So bright compared to our ivory one at home.2015/01/img_4365.jpg

Lots of fun at IKEA. We were there 5 hours!! The boys did (reasonably) great and C even requested to go and play alone in Smallland, their “leave your kid and go shop” area. 2015/01/img_4368.jpg

E stuck close to us, eating snacks, talking, smiling, whining, sobbing, screaming, and laughing, begging for food and candy, and playing on my phone. You know, your typical Five Hours In the Life of a Two Year Old.2015/01/img_4370.jpg

Trip ended with a couple (separate, not well timed) bathroom breaks, gummi snakes, sugary drinks, and loading of the van. 2015/01/img_4372.jpg

We moved on to searching for a game arcade in an old mall. Rode some escalators, dashed through a store, climbed in display boats, knocked down racks of fishing poles, begged for candy. Ten Minutes In the Life of a Four Year Old. 2015/01/img_4384.jpg

Finally found the arcade, made a couple more bathroom breaks, played games randomly and frantically, enjoyed the heck out of life, fell screaming and crying to the floor after being told killing zombies is not appropriate for 2 year olds. 2015/01/img_4387.jpg

This creepy mall was almost entirely abandoned. Pretty cheap space to rent for an arcade though. 2015/01/img_4390.jpg

Then we made it to a Panera for dinner. C was so hyped up from the busy day that his voice was stuck at near yelling level for even normal conversation. E was exhausted. So we let them watch Curious George during dinner, loaded into the van, and drove the 1.5 hours home.

Monday was building IKEA stuff day! New table in the project room!2015/01/img_4393.jpg

E and I grabbed a few things at Aldi then we all went to my mom’s house for a yummy dinner. 2015/01/img_4396.jpg

It was a really freaking delightful weekend. The boys had soooo much fun and J and I were able to enjoy the trip too. I guess that’s what happens when your kids get older, trips become easier and more enjoyable. I hope we can do it again in a year or two!