So recently, I made a stool 🙂 Hehe. Chuckle.
Okay, seriously: Recently, I recovered a stool/ottoman/bench thingie that I snatched from my mom’s garage sale a couple of weeks ago. Isn’t it ugly?? One leg was broken off and had a twisted and bent screw stuck in it. Plus the bench was pretty dirty from residing unused in my mom’s attic for 10+ years. All the better to work with since it was FREE! And yes, I decided to take on this casual, unneeded project even though I’ve already got 16,000 other projects in my house. You need a fun and easy project every once in a while, right?
- Take off the remaining 3 legs.
- Prime them.
- Give them 3 coats of yellow paint (from the laundry room project, which I also recently finished!).
- Screw on 3 legs.
- Pry bent screw from 4th leg.
- Vacuum underside of bench.
- Recover bench seat in garage sale fabric that is: “Eh, okay, I guess I’ll buy it though it’s not the prettiest fabric.”.
- Turn over bench after recovering and think: “Dang, I stapled the fabric on a tad crooked. Do I really care that much? Nah. Well… Yes? Yes. I guess I’ll just slightly regret my recovering work every time I look at the stool. Do you want to live with that regret? No. Do you want to pull out the staples and redo it? No. Okay, yeah, I can live with crooked.” Yep, I gave in to The Lazy.
- Get 2 new screws for sad brokenish leg.
- Put last leg on.
- Wonder where the heck will I put this thing? I STILL HAVE NO IDEA.
Here’s the end result: